Friday, March 20
Continuing with the study of Introduction to Western Philosophy which we began in Term 4 2019, the next session will cover:
Unit 8 – The Meaning of Life – Some answers to questions about meaning and purpose; religious and atheistic existentialism. The material is available as a download below or copies will be avilable at the session
Current Affairs sessions:
Friday, March 13
- 1. Corona virus—-New developments.
- 2. Women’s safety. Cultural changes needed to improve public spaces.
- 3. Widespread Coral Bleaching hits Great Barrier Reef.
- 4. Russia, Turkey talks on Syrian ,Turkey border.Idlib area.
Health Reports sessions:
Monday, March 23
- Brain changing drugs in Aged care (psychotropic drugs)
- Opioids and chronic pain. Use and abuse. Do they do more harm than good? Codeine, oxycodone etc
- Religious freedom and women’s health. Contraception and Abortion under the proposed religious freedom law
Classes held in the Boardroom at the Football Club. Class Times:
- Philosophy: 1st & 3rd Fridays, 10:00 – 11:30am
- Current Affairs: 2nd & 4th Fridays, 10:00 – 11:30am
- Health Reports: 2nd & 4th Mondays at 11:00am.