Tudor: Peter Zara
Venue: Boilerhouse Art Centre, Jacksons Hill
Dates: This is a weekly course – Mondays
July 12 to December 13 2021.
Time: from 12:45 to 3:30pm
Enrolments are not currently being accepted for this course
The Art for Fun group is not a substitute for paid formal art lessons by a suitably qualified artist. Rather, it’s more for those people who wish to have some fun creating art the best way they can. Should participants be able to improve their skills along the way, with some friendly assistance from Peter, then that’s a bonus.
Most weekly projects are based on watercolour, sketching and ink pen. New members need to bring along their own appropriate art equipment which should include:
- one Lead pencil (2B )
- sketch book (A4)
- pencil sharpener
- coloured pencils
- a permanent ink pen, artline or simlar
- Watercolour paints
- minimum 3 round Watercolour brushes
- 1 medium & 1 small round brush plus a long thin brush (liner or rigger) for fine lines and detailed work
- Watercolour paper (300gsm–140lb) in A4 size
- Two small water containers, a mixing plate or similar to mix the Watercolour paint
- a small towel to wipe the brushes and a small packet of tissues
- a backing board and masking tape to adhere the paper to the board
- a small hair dryer if they have one.