Tutor: Ray Rattenbury
Venue: Boiler House Art Centre, 20 Boilerhouse Road, Jacksons Hill, Sunbury
Dates: 31 Jan 2022 – 12 Dec 2022
Time: 12:45 to 3:30pm
Delivery: Face to Face
Prerequisites: See below in text.
This is not an instructional course. Rather it’s more for those people that wish to have some fun creating art the best way they can.
Participants may be able improve their skills along the way, with some friendly assistance from each other, then that’s a bonus. This course is held at the Boilerhouse.
***Please note this is a face to face course and only those members who have been fully vaccinated and have had their vaccination certificate sighted by U3A Sunbury can attend.
New members to Sunbury U3A must present their COVID vaccination certificate at the first class.
Most weekly projects are based on watercolour, sketching and ink pen, new members need to bring along their own appropriate art equipment which should include:
- One Lead pencil(2B )
- sketch book (A4)
- a ruler
- pencil sharpener
- colour pencils
- permanent ink pen artline or similar
- Watercolour paints
- minimum 3 round watercolour brushes, 1 medium & 1 small round brush plus a long thin brush (liner or bigger)for fine lines and detail work
- Watercolour paper (300gsm 140lb in A4 size
- Two small water containers
- mixing plate or similar to mix the watercolour paint.
- small towel to wipe the brushes and a small packet of tissues
- A backing board and masking tape to adhere the paper to the board
- small hair dryer if they have one
*** Please also make sure to bring a disposal bag to take any of your rubbish back with you as the Boilerhouse does not have a Rubbish pick up.